POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : converting POV-script to other formats : Re: converting POV-script to other formats Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: converting POV-script to other formats
From: krus
Date: 20 Aug 2002 19:10:07
Message: <web.3d62cb6a47b41e72f4bd1e30@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

>web.3d5b9a201b42860d2f4bd1e30[at]news.povray.org...
>> Can I do anything with this huge chunck of numbers that would tranlate it
>> any other format?  I would _realy_ like: 3ds *sigh*
>
>In short, nothing :-(
>There's hope, still, because this is a mesh. Possibly the HF_Square macro
>could be modified to create an Wavefront OBJ file instead of a Povray mesh2
>file (both formats are relatively close).
>
>Another possibility would be to use the function to create a bitmap in
>Pov-Ray (instead of a mesh) and then load the image in Rhino (the demo is
>fully functional) and then save it as a mesh.
>
>G.
>
>**********************
>http://www.oyonale.com
>**********************
>- Graphic experiments
>- POV-Ray and Poser computer images
>- Posters
>
>--

Thank you for ur reply Gilles!
I'm a litle outside my league here -
Would I have to make some modifications to the HF_square macro my self or is
there someone that have made a variant of the macro?
-Being new with pov i dont think i could do that (rather ..know ;) that..)

The other sugested solution realy have me bafled but that is because i dont
know the program Rhino.
If I understand u correctly the Rhino program can read a .bmp !Picture! and
convert THAT to a mesh! *wow*
I will look for that demo -I can asure u !

regards krus